Friday, April 29, 2011

Digging Down Past Polite

"How was your day?" This was a question asked of me yesterday evening. Asked of many yesterday evening. It is a polite question requiring a polite answer which I gave as I strive to be polite. But I'll share the real answer here. My day yesterday was in no way what I had planned or looked forward to for many months. It wasn't shared with the person I had planned to share it with.

It was a pretty day. It is spring. Flowers, breeze, patios, skirts and wine. So I don't hold my change of plans against the day. And, invoking metaphysics, I must believe that the Universe conspires for me in all things. So somewhere, where I am unable to see with my physical sense, there is a big picture. Sometimes I imagine this big picture to be a gigantic puzzle. You and I, our doings and happenings, pieces of the puzzle. And because, most times, it is a puzzle to me I continue to imagine it this way.

I considered many options in which to aid myself accepting the revision. Thoughts included, a burning ceremony. (Writing whatever you'd like to send on from you and then burning the paper to send it on its way.)
Spending time in thought at a place that holds both a spiritual and memorial feel for me. Writing. Sharing with a friend.

In the end though, I did none of those things. I did other things. With thoughts of what might have been.

2 comments:

  1. Trouble is, most people who ask that question really aren't interested in knowing...only a select few. At least that's been my experience...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I strive not to be one of them.

    ReplyDelete