Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Unnecessary Genie

How lucky (and by lucky I mean blown away at your sheer good fortune) are you if you have someone in your life with whom you share a 'thinking' connection? If you have such a person, they are more valuable than all the wishes you might require of a genie. 

I was reminded of this last night. I had read a moving blog post. It was well thought out and beautifully written. But, for reasons I won't go into, it made me feel like shit. The blog post seemed to have been well received and I had no doubt it was well intentioned. Therefore, it was pointless for me to open up about how it made me feel personally. 

But last night I was asked about this blog post. I was asked if I had read it. I replied that I had. And that it was well thought out and beautifully written. Because I was asked this by a person I can be totally honest with, I added that despite these attributes it made me feel like shit. The reply was, 'I wondered'. Like a tiny miracle the understanding, care and compassion behind that statement took away any bad feelings the blog post had left me-replaced with humbled awe at my good fortune. 

1 comment: