Sunday, July 29, 2012

So What's For Dinner?

Today I told someone that when others view my life they could come to some black and white judgments. But my truth is in shades of grey. Many shades of grey. And I bet yours is as well.

Then it occurred to me that my concern over judgment (no matter what color) was really about me judging me. (I progress a few steps than slink back a few.) It is pretty sobering to realize how conditioned I have become. To think my life has to be a certain way.

Do you expect my life to be a certain way? Do you even have expectations for my life? I'm going to bet you are so immersed in your life you do not have time to contemplate mine. So the only thoughts that affect my life come from within me. I want to contemplate some good. Because I know it is there. Somewhere.

1) spent time with my BFF today and gave her the gift of my full attention and active listening.
2) began thinking about a situation that I can't control and when I realized this I told myself to let it go and for once I listened to myself and felt that blessed sense of peace that comes from acceptance of what is.
3) The universe is supporting me with messages of: you do not need to know what will happen. And remembrances of times I've been supported. Which is timely as I feel the stirrings of panic in my psyche.
4) I am making a good dinner tonight.
5) I introduced some nice people to each other on Twitter.
6) I sent love and healing thoughts to an older woman.
7) I spent time being creative instead of in more practical work (which will get done eventually)
8) I was flexible about today's schedule. (Flexible and me-not soul mates)
9) I smiled and enjoyed a movie on television that I had been wanting to watch but just stumbled on to today.
10) I took time to write this blog post to aid myself mostly but maybe someone else too.

All this before dinner time. There is good in me. I just need to spend more time contemplating the good and less in judgment. I'd like to invite you to do the same.

1 comment:

  1. You are ALL good. Even the judgment is good, its just kind of a time waster. As flexible and you become better friends the ghosts you carry around telling you what you "should" be doing will find somewhere else to play.

    ReplyDelete