Sunday, September 30, 2012

Across a Gulf Wide

across a gulf wide //
can't see, but I remember //
feeling safe with you // 

Pain. Now where did I // 
stash it away? Disregard. //
It's here in my heart. //  

My Heart, how could you? //
how could you rip me and tear? // 
how could gentle leave? // 

You do not hear me //
I can not have you near me //
I'm afraid Yes me //

Broken to know // 
You're fine branding me to blame // 
Will you never learn? // 

Your hands so cherished //
Your hands so loved, once gentle //
Pushed me to the ground // 

You can not make me //
Do your will by threatening // 
By assault. Oh God! // 

You'd let me believe // 
There was something seriously //
Wrong with me? You? You?! // 

I am lost. Looking. //
For the haven that was once // 
found within your arms. //

No comments:

Post a Comment