Monday, September 14, 2009

Acceptance Week

I told someone today that this is my acceptance week. I don't know what this means to you. But to me it is hard work and a process. I have to accept me. I have to get rid of all exterior voices and only listen for my own. The "shoulds" have been a curse my whole life.

I should do this, I should do that, I should be this, I should be that. Somehow I've always believed I was not enough in any capacity. I really, truly hope this isn't true. Everywhere I look, read or be I am bombarded by demands that I have goals, work toward those goals and achieve those goals.

I am ashamed to tell you that sometimes my entire goal for the day is just to get through it.
Would I be here if I had had some foresight about where I am today and what I've been through?
I don't know.

1 comment:

  1. No need to be ashamed... what you have to keep in mind is the people you refer to as the "shoulds" never take their own advice and spew out the you should stuff to keep folks from looking deeper at them. Get on with your life in a big way becuz you only get one run at this thing anyway

    http://twitter.com/ralphclaxton

    ReplyDelete